19 July 2009

No change...

without resistance.

No matter how hard we struggle to do what it is we do, there will always be change. But, also, there will always be resistance to that change. And, even still, there is no resistance without change.

This cyclical habit of change and resistance has become somewhat tiring; however, I remember why it is I do the work that I do every time I am in the classroom. But I'm still tired. of bureaucratic bull shit. of getting four hours of sleep in a night. of institutional everything. and even though I know I'm growing, when I'm so tired, it almost feels like the steps backwards that I know I am taking are leaps and bounds in the wrong direction, away from who I am(was). As much as college was a part of me and everything that it was, there's a time now to quickly occupy that space of my identity with a new one. One that is day by day redefining itself as "teacher."

No comments: